Thursday, March 27, 2008

Tiger Cave - Krabi

(sorry about the blurriness of this picture)

I rented a scooter, or 'moto' as they call them here, to tour around Krabi town a little bit. The best local sight to see is the Tiger cave, which is sort of misleading as the main purpose generally is to climb up the 1274 steps to the shrine at the top of a limestone peak. At the bottom there is a small cave, the tiger cave, which is filled with gold Buddha statues.

The views from the top were quite spectacular as was the effort it must have taken to construct this huge Buddha statue at this site. I consider myself to be in fairly good shape but walked up those steps at a steady pace had me heaving like a dog lying in the midday sun. In the picture below I was trying to look happy and proud but could only seem to muster and expression of pain and confusion.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

1200+ steps to climb ?! no wonder u look like that lol ;) i hate stairs i'm wondering to myself over here if i would have even made it to the top lmao ...